Christian Rudder

Home Forums General Christian Rudder

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jeffreyd 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brendan Hughes
    Participant

Christian Rudder wrote dataclysm, an enormously entertaining book about the data he mined from his website OKCupid. He is also the guitarist of brilliant rock band Bishop Allen. Furthermore, he went to Harvard.

The question is: HOW WAS HE RAISED. Were his parents rich? Did he go to Montessori school?

When he was two and told his parents he wanted to scratch them, wielding his finger like a knife with fury in his eyes (a la my unnamed son who shall go nameless but let’s just say it begins with an O and i only have one child), did they say “no scratching Christian.” Or did they say, “how about scratching this scratch and sniff and be enriched?” Or did they say, “sure scratch away, you can do anything you want.” Or did they say, “if you scratch me I will take away your pacifier.” Or did they say, “here’s a guitar.”

jeffreyd
    Keymaster

I don’t know what the secret is, but let me tell you one more thing about Mr. Rudder: everyone likes him. He’s not only smart, witty, rich, creative, and talented, he is also likable. It’s enough to make a guy sick.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  jeffreyd.

rezelscheft
    Participant

I went to high school with Justin Rice, who is one of the other dudes from Bishop Allen, and ended up in a few Bujalski mumblecore films (a genre I am happy to defend).

He was 3 years younger and also in a band, and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that at one point he may have even thought I was cool.

So, there you have it: Everyone agrees. I am the best.

jeffreyd
    Keymaster

Whaaa? Worlds colliding!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.